Saturday, August 21, 2010

Christ, God of Mercy

I am behind in posting this week as I waited for God to place on my heart what to blog about, now I know.
God showed me something very interesting yesterday, He is a God of mercy. I will share a little bit of a personal story with you. I suffer from migraines, and for a while I had some pain medication to help me deal with them, then God asked me to give them up. ( I am not saying all people should give up their medication, this was just for me) SO I did, He asked me to trust him, so I did. It was scary because I knew that if I got a migraine it would be very difficult for me to deal with house and home. He did make if clear that my headaches wouldn't go away, but that I would lean on him, when they happened. Since giving up my meds, I very rarely get any headaches or migraines.
Yesterday I had a pretty bad one, but in the mist of my pain, I was able to say, "What a gracious and merciful God I have, I very rarely get these, he has been so merciful to me, so loving and caring. I do not derserve to be blessed in such a way that God sees it fit to free me from having these all the time"
I learned and realized as I was saying this out loud to my husband, how God has changed my heart. Instead of "Why God?" I was thinking, "why not more often?" How incredibley loving he spares me from what I deserve, and from feeling the weight of this fallen world every single day. He holds back, he blesses, he gives me Joy and pleasure. He has given us his beautiful creation.
How merciful you are my Jesus! Thank you!!

It is the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning, great is thy faithfulness. Lam 22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment